What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. arcturi

After reading about D. arcturi in the SG, and how Pete kinda failed at growing it since he couldn't keep it cold enough in winter, I wanted to try my luck with this plant, and see how it fares outside in my yard. I know this plant lives up high in mountains, which would mean virtually cloud-less summers, and grey, cold, snowy winters, which is a lot like where I live. Has anyone else grown this plant before? Does it like full sun? How long should dormancy be? I think Equilibrio Carnivorous Plants has some, so if they're pretty easy to grow, I'd like to try my luck at it.

Many thanks,
-Ben

if you got the money, try it! no one can stop you...
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think Equilibrio Carnivorous Plants has some, so if they're pretty easy to grow, I'd like to try my luck at it.
I don't think I've ever heard/read anyone call this plant 'easy'.

Do a search on "arcturi" both here and cpuk and you'll get a good feel for the plant. Here's one:
D. arcturi

Also, Dean Cook has had this plant in the past...

Back