What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A miracle!

I had ordered some Drosera tokaiensis seeds from the ICPS seedbank a while ago, and planted them in a pot with a 50/50 peat/sand mix. I kept it nice and wet with lots of light and warmth. But, nothing happened for over a week. So, I thought (being the rather impatient person I am) that the seeds wouldn't sprout, since I heard plants like D. tokiensis are very weedy and sprout really fast. So, I took it out of the terrarium, and the pot pretty much dried out for two weeks in the dark. But, one day, I saw a little green thing, and it looked kinda like a little baby plant. So, I got excited and put it back into the terrarium with lots of water, and lo-and-behold, two more babies sprouted! I find this pretty weird, but I guess those seeds are pretty determined to sprout, no matter the conditions or how long it might take.

-Ben

That's how I felt with my VFT seeds.

Here are some pics:

d.tokaiensis1.jpg

d.tokaiensis2.jpg

-Ben

Back