What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Germination

Hello my friends!

Thanks to Little Nices, I will soon be receiving some D. Capensis seeds. Is there a special way to go about germinating these beauties, or do i just go the old-fashioned wet-paper-towel-in-a-baggie rotuine? RO water would be used, obviously... South Florida water nearly has pebbles from the faucet it's so hard..... lol.

Thanks Uncle teabag! *hee-hee.... me and my old highschool buddies went by the group name of "The Teabag Mafia."

Sorry that I didn't tell you how to sow Drosera seeds... Well, you basicilly sow them on a plain peat moss and soil, of course some light and high humidity are needed. They'll germinate within a month since they are very fresh. Hope this helped:)

I don't think it really matters what light or media they are in, just try and stop them germinating!! Capensis are the weeds of the sundew world, beautiful weeds, but almost bombproof.

Back