What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis Bains Kloof

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Well, there has been a few times that people were kind of confused as to what this plant is.... Or even that it is nothing more than just a typical D. capensis... From the way it looks... I'd say it is not
smile.gif
Anyway, I'm not very good with all the technical talk about what it could be (some conversations say it may be a hybrid natural hybrid.) Yes, it does flower, alot. And no, it does not produce seed. Sorry. Here are some pictures I took today.

capensisbainskloof3-16-06.jpg

capensisbainskloof3-16-06close.jpg

Hope you enjoy-and get a better idea of what this plant is and is not. ;)
Andrew

It forms a "stem kind stuff".
Nice photo and as well as the plant
smile.gif

This is the same size they've been, so I'd say they are full grown. They just get taller on the stem... The pot is 4" x 4" x 4 1/2"tall... Use that for reference
smile.gif

Andrew

Edit: The flower stalk I cut off was 24" long including expended buds.

Those are some huge cape dews! The stem is very attractive, I think.
smile.gif

-Ben

i always thought the Cape stems were ugly but if you clip the dead leaves off then it looks just like a palm tree....MINI! its very nice regardless.
alex

Andrew, could it maybe use a bigger pot?
smile_m_32.gif

Jim, although it could use some transplanting wth all that nasty moss... why a bigger pot? Roots are not comming out the botom or anything....???

Nice plant. Personally, I don't think there is a standard look for the Bains Kloof form. Your plant have quite narrow petioles/lamina compared to the plants that some germans grow.

I got seed some years ago (Lowrie) which resulted in two types of plants, some with wide leaves and others with narrow leaves. I'm beginning to think that there are more than one form that originates from this location.

Regards,

Christer

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 17 2006,2:29)]Jim, although it could use some transplanting wth all that nasty moss... why a bigger pot?  Roots are not comming out the botom or anything....???
LOL! Not yet!
smile_n_32.gif
Geez, it's like looking at Elgecko's or Rattler's plants or at least it will be!

Back