What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can D. Adelae be out in full sun?

I was reading somewhere and it says that adelae should be in bright shade. I was wondering if it can adapt to full sun or should I put it under some leaves of a bush or something or even leave it inside by the east window?

If its green, it can take more light. Give as much light as it needs to tint red and it will be happy.

I tried to adapt one to full sun a few years ago. I ended up with what I thought was a dead plant.
It ended up getting burnt to a crisp. I sat the pot under a table and forgot about it. When the temps got cooler, the plant started to grow again.
I now grow this plant inside were it receives bright indirect sunlight morning till very late afternoon. Then direct sunlight in the evening. Been growing great like this for a long time.

sundewadelae1.jpg

I think it would do well if you had it with an east-facing exposure, as Elgecko was implying.

Holey moley! That's an awesome plant, elgecko! So, would that mean that I could take my D. adelae out of my terrarium (which it isn't doing too well in, despite the fact that it's dewy) and move it onto an east-facing window in my room?

-Ben

Back