What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. regia 'Big Easy' color

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello, as some of you may remember, I moved all my cps to my new larger, better light getting green house last month (about march 25th)
Anyway, at this time my D. regia 'Big Easy' looked like this
P1010473.JPG

And now, already... It has colored up to this:
regia4-06.JPG

I just found it interesting and thought I'd share it.
smile.gif

Andrew

Now that's a happy looking D. regia!!! Look at those dew drops!

Capslock

Yes, very dewy and red!

Now tell me, what's the difference between a typical D. regia and a D. regia 'Big Easy'?

Thanks for the coments.
smile.gif

Well, for 1, I've never been able to keep a "typical" alive for any period of time. Now with the better green house I'd be willing to give another one a shot if anyone has one
smile_m_32.gif
just PM me- We'll work it out.

Really though, check out the standard here.
Andrew

andrew: would these have even a chance of growing on a south window sill? would they thrive?
alex

alex, I honestly dont' know... Are you talking about light requirements? In my old green house it grew okay and got only 3-5 hrs of sun.
But in the new houst with lots more light, i think it obviously looks better.

wow, that thing sure is beautiful. someday when i have enough money i want to get one. also heres a stupid question, is that a pvc pipe your growing it in?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dgower82 @ April 20 2006,1:08)]also heres a stupid question, is that a pvc pipe your growing it in?
LOL! You're not the first person to ask. But yes, yes it was. The person I got my D. regia 'Big Easy' from (he who named it) Was playing around with different things, and had tried this... And i've been too lazy to transplant it. ...i'll ge to it though some time. By then there should be tons of roots in that 6" tall pipe to do root cuttings. haha

Whoa, sweet plant! I like the pvc pipe idea, looks neat. I bet it would work with lots of other thick-rooted South African Drosera.

-Ben

thats neat, how does the thing not fall over though?

uhm... it has a flat bottom that is plugged (and small holes drilled around the bottom) ....it's pretty stable. I don't think it has ever fallen over.

OOh, OOh!
Does anyone has a spare seed or cutting of this?
I would trade or send SASE for it!

i would just like to say, they typical form is as about as big a pain in my rear as U. tricolor or U. sandersonii "blue" for jimscott
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Back