What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pale B.liniflora

My B.liniflora seedling was growing well in a 50/50peat/perlite mix. All of a sudden, over the last few days, the new leaves have turned a pale color. Humidity is generally above 80% and it receives sufficient water. Has anybody experienced this?
Thanks,
dewy

This is allways because of too wet soil, but dont worry the seeds you won are from parent plants that survived a vacation i took. I left the pot in a bowl of water and all but eight plants were left. you'll get seeds with there genes so ...
laugh.gif

The roots rot in the wet soil, byblis plants are plants that have thin roots so they are an easy meal for fungi. Also you have the wrong soil, my lovely plants are all grown in a mix ment for drosophyllum, 3:1 sand, peat. I originaly wanted drosophyllum but after so much failure i tried byblis... in the same pot.

oh and microwave the soil you'll use for byblis for 15 minutes just to kill spores.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ May 04 2006,10:04)]This is allways because of too wet soil, but dont worry the seeds you won are from parent plants that survived a vacation i took. I left the pot in a bowl of water and all but eight plants were left. you'll get seeds with there genes so ...
laugh.gif

The roots rot in the wet soil, byblis plants are plants that have thin roots so they are an easy meal for fungi. Also you have the wrong soil, my lovely plants are all grown in a mix ment for drosophyllum, 3:1 sand, peat. I originaly wanted drosophyllum but after so much failure i tried byblis... in the same pot.

oh and microwave the soil you'll use for byblis for 15 minutes just to kill spores.
I used to grow it in 50/50 peat/perlite and it did fine. The surface of the soil is kept BARELY moist. Will decreasing the humidity help? It looks like it is doing a little bit better today since I lowered the humidity.
dewy

Back