What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera Adelae Rehabilitation (Cont'd)

My Drosera Adelae started to rot in the winter months to the point where all I saw in my 1 inch pot was dirt and spagnum moss. I started to check the soil in my pot and I could not find any roots. It is currently sitting indoors because we are having a lot of rain outside and I'm trying to baby it to regrow.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

No roots? Not good. At least my adelae from 2 years ago had roots when it died back. Normally, plantlets form from the roots when the mother plant takes a dive. Maybe it's time to get a new plant.

I duno if it was the rain tht caused the plant to rot. I keep mine almost floating in water. LOL Tons of plantlets still coming too. Need a couple recacho638?

I have decided to cover it with a plastic dome as the weather here in MIchigan is still dry and slightly cold...does anyone think that will help possible regrowth?

sounds like it might just hold in too much moisture and invite mold. If you do dome it keep a very close eye on it.

Cynic --

Should I just leave it uncovered?

Back