What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13june06028.jpg

B. gigantea- twice the size of last year- and already with several large flowers

13june06053.jpg

D. ordensis- doing well in my heated and artificially lit propagator

13june06019.jpg

Brocchinia reducta with prey

13june06021.jpg

D venusta- hopefully lots of seed will follow

13june06007.jpg

D mannii- apparently Slack's favourite pygmy

13june06024.jpg

D regia- small but rapidly increasing in size. I can't wait until it becomes a true giant

13june06041.jpg

A Sarracenia hybrid from Marston- lots of flava and purpurea venosa in it, but can't remember the exact hybrid

13june06044.jpg

P rotundiflora

13june06047.jpg

P cyclosecta

13june06035.jpg

Byblis lamellata- hopefully, it will flower by around September time

Beautiful!

What kind of temps are you keeping your D. regia in? My two D. regia don't seem to like my higher temps...

Very nice pics, that Sarr flower is beautiful!

Is that a D. stolonifera or some such in the background of the B.gigantea pic?

Nice growing Greg. D. mannii was named for its discoverer Phill Mann, and a little birdie told me Phill has another candidate for species publication, but it's hush hush right now. Apparently there was quite a faracas over the naming and publication of D. mannii....glad Phill won out or the plant would have a different name. Can you show the rosette of D.venusta, I be curious to see how it compares with D. "coccicaulis".

Thanks for the comments.

Hi Madubon- yes, that is D stolonifera in the background. It's not looking at tis best at the moment- I think it's going dormant.

Hi Tamlin,

Here's the rosette. By mid-summer, it is larger and redder than it is at this time of year.
14june06008.jpg

In spite of the fact that I have dial up, I just had to check this out. i knew it would be worth the wait!

Thanks for the photo Greg. NOW that one looks just like what I grew as D. "coccicaulis" vs the plant Capslock just posted on his outdoor grown D. venusta.

All my confusion stems from Ribert Gibson's comments on the photo I sent him of my D. "coccicaulis" which he satated looked like D. venusta! Phooey on the whole issue. In my opinion they are D. venusta ALL, and apparently widely variable from what I have seen and grown. I still am of the opinion that they are all hybrid D. dielsiana, populations of which became isolated back when **** Clark was in grade school.

Hi Tamlin,

Not sure who **** Clarke is, but I think that, from what I have read on the forums, a surprising number of Drosera are of hybrid origin. This is an interesting thread on another forum about a similar topic http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14705

NB- I hope I don't upset people by posting the link. I think that BOTH forums are invaluable to the CP community; I don't really see them as rivals, especailly as neither are commercial enterprises.

Cheers,

Greg

i really like the D. ordensis, i think they(and the rest of that general family) are one of the next directions i want to head in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Greg Allan @ May 15 2006,6:29)]Not sure who **** Clarke is
**** Clark is a famous American TV producer, who hosted a programme called American Bandstand. The show featured teenagers who danced to popular songs of their day, with guest appearances of contemporary musicians, as well as rating records. What Tamlin was getting at was that **** Clark initiated this show way back in the late 50's or so. Perhaps Britain had an equivalent?

Back