What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis 'Red'

I was bored, so I took some pics of my D. capensis 'Red' plant.

redcape17web.jpg

redcape18web.jpg

Egg white!

redcape19web.jpg

I'm planning on making some leaf cuttings soon.

-Ben

Nice D.capensis 'Red' you have there!Thanks for sharing the photos!I might have to look into getting one of those sometime in the future.

Jerry

Well done, Ben!

Georgeous!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Thanks. I pretty much neglect this guy most of the time, but it seems to stay red while only under 82 watts of light. cool85k5, I could give you a few budded leaf cuttings, after I make some, that is.

-Ben

Is that the mother plant of the ones you sent me? It looks great.

That is nice of you Ben,just let me know when you have some available.

Jerry

JMurphy97, it's not exactly the mother plant. The one in the pic and the one I sent you were grown by seeds from the same plant. I had all of them growing in that one pot, and I needed to give it some more room, and the little ones were staying little because they were crowded. So, I just gave away the small ones so that they could have more room, and kept the large one. And this plant might not be a pure D. capensis 'Red' plant, as concluded in this post:

Confusing parentage

-Ben

Well you sent me one that was green and another that was red. I thought that was weird at first but I was just glad to get some good looking plants.

I sent you the green one because I had way too many of them, and I thought you would like one.

-Ben

Back