What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pot size for capensis

As a general question, what pot size, and how many plants per pot, is good for capensis?

Ex:
3" pot = 1 plant
4" pot = 2 plants
etc.

Thanks all.

I find 4" pots are good for one plant if ya want them to get pretty big, my initial planting of WAY too many seeds was in a 5" round pot (I think 5" at least) and there's still maybe 30-40 of them in there- they just stay smaller if they are crowded and eventually some will die off, other than that this species is REALLY not picky at all

LOL! I'm sure you've seen the pictures from Adnedarn & Elgecko. The bigger the better. They have a decent root system, so deeper would be a good idea as well.

I've grown them in everything from a 1" deep watering tray filled with about a half inch of LFS to a 1 foot deep bog and they pretty much grow at the same speed and even flowered at the same time. So they really could care less.

Back