What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dawn of the drosera

I am sure this has happen to alot of the users in thise forum, but it is even better when it happens to me
smile_n_32.gif
. Well anyway, I used have a pot of D.binata and D.spatulata and it was doing fine, but one day I forgot to water it and the soil went bone dry and everything died. Even with the occasional rain, it will wouldn't revive the plant. Fast forward a few weeks later where I need to find a pot to place my D.capensis leaf cuttings ( the mother plant died, by unknown reasons including Sarrencia seedlings
smile_h_32.gif
, I learned my lesson, never put D.capensis and Sarrencia seedlings together)
Literally 2 days later I see a D.binata sprout. I am guessing root
smile.gif

Thats why I have always heard most of these guys are bomb proof. Good growing!

Congrats! That's one I'll have to add to my collection.
setep (Ron Ruppel)

D. binata is one TOUGH bugger. I have the best growth from my plants when I give them a Sarracenia type dormancy. The rest seems to give them extra vigor. It's so cool to see the big flush of new leaves unfurling, they cover the 1 foot wide pot its growing in. No dead leaves at all this time of yesr, and it's picture perfect! Mine is strictly an outdoor plant although I winter it in the cold cellarway.

Back