What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera 'Rhodesian Beauty'

I was wondering if any forum members are growing my cultivar D. 'Rhodesian Beauty'?

Drosera_Rhodesian_Beauty_110303_3.jpg

I know Andrew is or was since this is his photo, lol

This was the former D. "Sp. Rhodesia", and as it has now been registered with a proper name, labels should be updated for those wishing to maintain proper nomenclature with their plants.

Phill Mann if you're reading this, be sure to send them out with this name.  Where you at guy, out there with the roos again or holed up in your GH?

I still have one, though that photo in your opening post leaves mine in the dust. And my humidity got so low I had to put it into a ziploc bag, but it's still trying to flower in there. I keep meaning to propagate it, but something else always comes up to distract me.

It is a gorgeous plant. I'm going to go trim some leaf cuttings tonight.

Glad you have it Joseph.  I have always been curious of the origin of this plant.  Was it a man made hybrid?  It seems not,  the bogus name of "Sp. Rhodesia" seems to imply it was collected there once but I was never able to learn moreabout it.  Mine came from Phill Mann who has it In Vitro.  That was my impetus at publishing the cultivar name as I expect the plant to have a wide distribution.  

Yes, Andrew seems to have the touch for Drosera doesn't he?

Congratulations on the publication of your Drosera 'Emerald Envy' - are they ripping into you on the Listserve the way they did for your Drosera 'Big Easy'?

I mentioned on another post that D. 'Tamlin' went for 30.00 last week on Ebay....sheesh...for a spatty!  It's nice but that price is a little absurd!  What P.T. Barnum said I guess holds true today.

Yep!!! There's a Drosera Sucker born every minute!

Yes, Andrew has certainly learned to take good advantage of his greenhouse. He uses it very well.

Back