What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lots of D. petiolaris photos

Hello guys,

I was just at Chuck Lyon's (sundewexpert1101) place, he is a neighbor of mine in Colorado Springs. I though you might like to see some photos of his wonderful plants. I know these photos will make most of us Drosera fans will be green with envy.

Just look at all these Petiolaris seed pods he gave me. I can't wait to see what comes up from some of these.
2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_005.jpg

Chuck if you see this you might want to help ID some of the photos

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_028.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_032.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_034.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_046.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_049.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_052.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_053.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_056.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_058.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_160.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_162.jpg

2006-6-25_Chucks_Place_060.jpg

Well as I'm sure you can tell he grows some marvelous stuff.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Whoa! That's some serious dew growing! Thanks for the photos, Jeremiah, and nice growing Chuck!

Capslock

Fantastic photos Jeremiah and incredible plants Charles. I think I even see D. caduca among the lot. Just goes to show what true obsession bodering on insanity can produce. I know what it costs to maintain that set up! Nice work Charles, and thanks for the photos. I don't envy these plants, but I do your proximity to Mr. Lyons. Let us see what you get from that seed ok? Pet hybrids are really fascinating!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ June 26 2006,1:51)]Chuck if you see this you might want to help ID some of the photos
I got a better idea. Chuck, do us all a favor and describe your cultivation technique for the petiolaris. Obviously they are tank grown but what is your watering, media, light, heat, etc??

those photos are cruel and unusual....................i need to sell some frogs to support my new interest in petiolaris............my basement is starting to look like that because of the frog tanks and plant tanks, no where near as orderly though.

excellent growing, i second Pyro's motion on cultivation techniques and Jerehmiah, next time i make it down to the Springs i demand in introduction
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Wow! I have Petiolaris envy. Great plant collection.

Thanks for sharing the shots.

Glenn

As I was scrolling down the pics, this is what I was saying out loud, verbatim:

Oh my God!

Oh...

Oh my God!

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh (an "Oh" after each pic)....my God!

Oh, Oh, my God!

Oh my!

Oh, my God!

There were a lot more "Oh my God's!" but I think everyone gets the point by now.

If not, let me repeat: OH MY GOD!

smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD!!!!!!!! They're all so beautiful :'). *sniff*. It's like a gigantic museum!!!! They all look so nice... I can't even name half of them... They just all look so rare... and dewy. Also those are really nice looking sun pitchers. You sure have a lot or plants can't even begin to imagine the cost... You guys are so lucky Jeremiah and Chuck.
P.S. Jeremiah, if you have too many seed pods, I'd like some
smile_m_32.gif

wow...amazing plants/setup

what species of byblis is that? looks like a forrest.

Yes- I still haven't had time to load all the pics, but what I've seen so far is kinda shocking- my wife asked how anyone could even access the plants in a setup like that and I must second that question, MAN what an impressive set of pics, thanks for posting them Jeremiah

What Ken said! *jaw wide open*

Hello,

I will try to answer all your questions,

Watering,
Chuck keep all his petiolaris setting in 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water at all times.

Media
50% 50% Peat and a little lager perlite.

Light
He use the standard 4' shop lights, I don't know what brand of bulb but I will ask.

Heat
The only heat he had is the room temperature plus all the heat from the lights. So the room stays nice and warm.

Humidity
He does not have any lids on his petiolaris tanks but he keeps the humidity in the room above 75%.

The it is Bybilis filifolia.

Thanks,
-Jeremiah-

WOW! That just leaves you breathless! A master grower for sure.

Thank you for that eye candy.
smile.gif

Chuck's the man.I have bought quite a few plants off of him.To be honest he's cleaning my wallet out.:p I just can't help myself.I hope to have a similar setup in the future.

Back