What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides flower

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
Well, I noticed that one of the buds was open on one of my D. scorpioides and decided to give my macro a shot and snap a few pics. Anyhoo, here we are:

ScorpFlower01.jpg

ScorpFlower02.jpg

ScorpFlower03.jpg

Good work, macrophotography is a lot of fun isn't it! I would say this is the pink form of this species

I need a personal photographer. Can ya pay a visit to the east coast?

Hi Est, Is that one you got from me? If it is, you can thank Vic Brown. He sent the gemmae to me December 2002. Just before the Postal service got anal about plant material from outside the USA. I took a pic of mine this mornig. I'll get it posted later.

And here's a lousy pic of the Vic Brown plants, via BCK, 2.5 years ago. It seems that 1/3 of my pics have a D. binata meandering in them. That also came from BCK.

D_scorpiodes_Vic_Brown.jpg

Managed to find a decent pic out of the ones I took this morning. The others were too blurry to post. This one's a bit dark for my liking but at least the color on the flower isn't bleached out by too much light.
120626168O676822084.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I need a personal photographer. Can ya pay a visit to the east coast?

You mean an all-expense-payed trip to the east coast? Why sure! How generous of you, Jim!
smile_n_32.gif

Oh well, I still need to get my camera issues sorted out. I sent it in for repairs, got it back with the problem fixed but some HUGE scratches on the camera, and now a week later the problem is back again, too! So I'm in communication with the... folks... who did the "repairs." If I'm ever on the east coast, I'll take some pics for ya, Jim!
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi Est, Is that one you got from me? If it is, you can thank Vic Brown. He sent the gemmae to me December 2002. Just before the Postal service got anal about plant material from outside the USA. I took a pic of mine this mornig. I'll get it posted later.

Actually, I think I originally got these gemmae from Bob Z. However, I'm hoping that the new gemmae that I got from you will all sprout and grow for me! We finally got a sunny day today, so a bit more light should help coax them awake! And if that doesn't, then I'm going to beat them in to germination.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ June 29 2006,9:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You mean an all-expense-payed trip to the east coast?  Why sure!  How generous of you, Jim!  
smile_n_32.gif

Oh well, I still need to get my camera issues sorted out.  I sent it in for repairs, got it back with the problem fixed but some HUGE scratches on the camera, and now a week later the problem is back again, too!  So I'm in communication with the... folks... who did the "repairs."  If I'm ever on the east coast, I'll take some pics for ya, Jim!  
cool.gif

Then you can meet Jonathan, your clone!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Then you can meet Jonathan, your clone!

Just so long as we keep it clear- he's MY close, not the other way around. Tell him he may as well sleep for the next ten years.
biggrin.gif

PS Stock up on macaroni.
smile_n_32.gif

Back