What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis gigantea, B. filifolia

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows a source for Byblis filifolia or B. gigantea. I was only able to get hold of B. gigantea seeds last year...they didn't germinate.

Mine didn't either, they are stubborn seeds.

You might try Allen Lowrie or B&T Seeds, but I can't vouche for their viability if available.

I may well have a few spare B filifolia seeds, if it is legal to ship them from the UK to the US. I am about to sow some of my seeds- if you PM me in about 1 week, I will tell you if there are any left (if not, I will certainly have some later in the season- my plants produce abundant seed when cross pollinated). If so, you can have some for nothing. I am also hoping to have some B gigantea seeds later on the season. I have just pollinated my plants, and they take several months to produce seeds. You will need GA3 to successfully germinate these species. I have successfully used it with B filifolia, lamellata (a very close relative of B gigantea), and B rorida, and am about to try with B aquatica- it does work!

Cheers,

Greg

wow, this was quite unexpected. I'll need to check the shipping laws. Thanks.
I guess I need to get some GA3 acid.

Back