What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFS

As a general curiosity, which 'dews grow well in just plain LFS?

Which ones do you want to put in LFS? Pigmy sundews are the only one I have read and expereinced as being overrun by the live LFS. Other thatn that LFS is great media for CP's.

I was just rather generally curious. I have only really been growing CPs for about 6 months now and to be frankly honest I'm not too crazy about peat. It seems to just get thick and nasty fast. Right now i don't have any plants to repot any of my dews into it and was just generally curious. Right now I am growing:

Lane leaf
Cape
Spoonleaf
Pygmy (Lake Badgerup)
Graminfolia <-in straight LFS under lights, growing great. Windowsill almost killed it
Pink Sundew <-I think its friggen dead... (edit: it's...ALIVE!!!)

I grow D. burmannii in LFS and perlite. The top layer is pure LFS.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ July 14 2006,7:23)]I grow D. burmannii in LFS and perlite. The top layer is pure LFS.
smile.gif
Some how I knew perlite would enter the conversation!
smile_n_32.gif

Yeah, we all have our favorite media and I happen to like mixing sand and peat and then add LFS on top.

But yesterday I received a box of pings and had to deal with them quickly, as my wife and me were soon to head out for our anniversary. So I grabbed a plastic Home Depot display tray and spread out a bunch of perlite in the 10 cells and rinsed that real quick. Then I added the dried LFS and rinsed that through.

I don't think I'll ever use peat again. Coconut fiber + LFS = awesome.

My brother has a marston dragon in pure lfs...

I think many of them can grow in pure LFS, but the only ones in the wild that I've seen always associated with LFS is D. rotundifolia.
smile.gif

My D. adelae are in pure LFS and doing great.

Tom

I even have a paradoxa in live sphag

Back