What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Picture of my Drosera!

Hey guys, my drosera <span style='color:red'>[Edit: The genus name of plants is nearly always written correctly with an initial capital letter. Drosera.]</span> startd putting on a dew show, so i decided to take a quick snapshot, and see if you guys felt that it was a D. Intermedia<span style='color:red'>[Edit: The second part of a species name (specific epithet) is always written correctly in all lower-case letters. Drosera intermedia]</span>. Also, upon coming home today, my uncle was tickling a couple leaves with a stick, which have since curled in... will they open up once more? or is it a one shot deal with drosera?

3065896_1024.ts1154289507653.jpg

Looks like D. intermedia to me..

Cheers,

Joe

It's certainly a little cutie!
smile.gif

Hmmmm looks like I need my intermedia IDed them. Mine is more close to the ground. Not as upright.

D. intermedia without a doubt. Wonderful plant, by the way!

Update: One of the D. Intermedia <span style='color:red'>[Edit: The second part of plant names (specific epithet) is always written correctly in all lower-case letters. Drosera intermedia]</span> is flowering, and both are growing strong. Too bad I can't say the same for my VFT's. While all of my VFT's have growth coming up, they all seem to be growing very slow. Is this normal? And also my red dragon is Extremely slow. I have no Idea what is going on here, does this cultivar tend to grow slowly? Pics of the Drosera:

3237046_1024.ts1154884066917.jpg

3237070_1024.ts1154884154641.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]While all of my VFT's have growth coming up, they all seem to be growing very slow. Is this normal? And also my red dragon is Extremely slow. I have no Idea what is going on here, does this cultivar tend to grow slowly?

"Very slow" is sort of qualitative. Let me put it this way: you should never be losing leaves faster than you're gaining them (unless dormancy is setting in or something, then it's not a problem.) You should make a post, if you haven't already, in the VFT forum. Also, there was a discussion on redder plants a little while back in the same forum. It may be worth to do a search for it.

In my experience, red cultivars are just as strong growing at their green counterparts. Make sure you're growing in the proper light conditions and all that jive. Good luck!

thought i'd post an updated photograph guys! enjoy!
3561295_1024.ts1156011930436.jpg

wow, that's not how i remember them
smile_k_ani_32.gif

keep that paradoxa warm, baby!

Back