What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propogating D. rotundifolia

yes, ok so I just got the seeds from my D rotundafolia <span style='color:red'>[Edit: correct spelling, D. rotundifolia]</span> (spelling on that?)
anyways, I placed them ontop of damp peatmoss in a container that has good drainage and it is outside on my porch. Should I cover the container with a plastic cup to keep the humidity high and move it indoors
Or should I leave it outside where humidity for right now is good
(Missouri)
any propogation tips would be helpful
Thanks a lot

-DJC

I know that when they're adults they can be blasted with sun. You probably want to aim for higher light. I'd avoid low light and high humidity. Make sure that you don't fry your seeds by having them fully covered in full sun. If your media is kept damp, then you probably shouldn't need to worry about covering.

But this's sort of all speculation. Wait until you get the OK from someone who has more experience.

ok, I'll follow this for now and see if it works
it takes like a month for them to sprout right?

they need to be stratified i believe....

they need to be stratified i believe....

hmm
that takes too long
smile_n_32.gif

I am going to see if this works
(although it probably wont)

(I am prepared for failure!)
biggrin.gif

This is a temperate species and needs stratification. It is winter dormant, so now is the worst time to sow the seed...better to keep it in the fridge until spring and sow then.

Back