What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis dying back

Hi guys,

Have any of you experienced your D. capensis suddenly stop growing as vigorously, meaning new leaves aren't sprouting as fast as the old ones are dying. I checked mine and saw that a thick bunch of roots were overcrowding the bottom of the pot, so I repotted it into a bigger container as well as cut the roots up to stimulate new growth. Will the plant bounce back?
Thanks.

Johnny

mine is doing that but its in a large mini-bog. leaves are also getting smaller. is it flowering? mine is now so it may be due to that.
Alex

nah it wasn't flowering....I've kept it growing uncovered in a sunny windowsill. It was shooting out lots of leaves for a while and very dewy, but just the last 2 months, it started slowing down growth. Finally, I took it apart to inspect the roots and realized there was a huge mass tangled on the bottom of the pot. I figured that might be the cause of the slowdown so hopefully, it will grow bigger again and sprout new plants from the cuttings.

Back