What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is a source for D. falconeri!

There is finally a commercial source for d. falconeri, and they aren't asking for your arm and leg, or your first born!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

i did order one to add to my collection, so i can let you know the quality of the plant when i recieve it. It claims to be 2" wide and potted.

You can PM me if you would like to know the source. Hopefully this is not against the rules of this forum!

Peter

Oh, yeah, I got an e-mail bout that. I've never ordered anything from that place, but they have a nice collection of plants. (BJ intials)

-Ben

yes but take a look at its size...only 2 inches?

Hey, 2 inches is big in petiolaris world!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Usually babies can be an inch or even smaller. I find that smaller is best anyways for shipping and re-establishment.
Mine grow pretty fast as well!
Peter.

Hey Pingman is this the site your talking about for the source for D.falconeri.  I bought from this site befor and there plants where all amazing. Great place to buy. I got one of there amazing D. falconeri "RED TITAN"!!!. " I took off the URL to the site:"

he wasn't talking about that one. pm him or I and we'll tell you.

your not supposed to talk about other vendors.

Ok, if you want one, better act quickly!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Just noticed the vendor has put up the plants on the auction site.
They will probably go quickly!
smile_m_32.gif

Peter

At one time there was a pinned topic about what sites should or shouldn't have their URL's posted. I looked to see if I could find it to quote it but it's not there anymore. Basically it boiled down to if a site would be a competitor to Pet Flytrap (who sponsors the forums) then it would not be courteous to Phil & Co. to post it. It would be "biting the hand that feeds us".

I did a quick look and compared the site selling D. falconeri to PFT and it didn't appear to me that the other site overlapped PFT's target market. PFT is aimed at those just getting started in CPs and the other is aimed at the more experienced or more adventurous growers who hopefully have deep pockets. Still, use discretion before posting a URL of a possible competitor to PFT.

They've also posted these for sale on eBay and the shipping is $1 cheaper there...

I ordered one the very second I got the email! Woo!

Hopefully they'll ship it today and it'll get to me on Wednesday. Finally I get to grow this wonderful plant
smile.gif

Ok, i received my plant today which is very prompt shipping.
The size is as promised at a good 2 inches plus. Nice number of leaves.
The one negative is that it did get bumped around alot despite some shredded stuff taped over the top of the pot. The problem was the rootball was somewhat loose in the pot so it got banged a bit.
I think they could have packed a little more secure.
The plant will survive though.....

Lgecko, did you get yours? how did it fare?
Peter.

I got my plant yesterday and it's definitely a good quality D. falconeri. Good size and it appears quite healthy, although like you said, my plant also suffered from weird (possibly shipping related) abuse. It almost looks like the plant wasn't planted in the pot with enough soil, because there's a good 1-2 cm gap between the soil and the pot, leaving the chunk of soil that the plant is potted in to freely bounce back and forth.

I'm wondering if I should just add some peat to the sides...Either way, very nice plant and I'm pleased with my purchase.

lgecko, sounds like your's was packed like mine. I know what you mean when you say gap around sides of pot. I ended up potting it in slight smaller square pot. I was worried the gap would dry out the rootball.
peter

See, I want to keep the plant in its current pot. I just don't know how I'm going to add peat to it without messing it up. Do you think it'd be wise to just leave it be and not worry about it?

Why not use sand instead of peat? Dry sand pours and fills really easy and petiolaris complex like sand in my experience. Just an idea

Back