What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.scorpioides

• Thread starter dewy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dew
The other day I took a pic of my D.scorpiodes <span style='color:red'>[Edit: Corrected spelling, D. scorpioides]</span> and I noticed that there was dew on the petiole. Has anybody else ever noticed this?
P1010289.sized.jpg

I'll have to check mine out. I know that flower stalks have dew, so that may be normal. But man, if it isn't, your sundews are doing all sorts of odd things!
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewy @ Sep. 03 2006,1:01)]The other day I took a pic of my D.scorpiodes and I noticed that there was dew on the petiole. Has anybody else ever noticed this?
Not 'till you brought it to my attention, but yeah mine have dewy petiols, too!
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Sep. 03 2006,10:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewy @ Sep. 03 2006,1:01)]The other day I took a pic of my D.scorpiodes and I noticed that there was dew on the petiole. Has anybody else ever noticed this?
Not 'till you brought it to my attention, but yeah mine have dewy petiols, too!  
cool.gif
I just always thought that their petioles were dewless like D.capensis, D.spatulata, etc.
BCK, when should they begin producing gemmae?

Mine are already producing them and are just about done. The first year I had them though they started in early November (if I remember right).

Back