What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I thought all might enjoy seeing the many species in the petiolaris complex in one topic.

These are from my collection:

d. fulva
img0144my9.jpg

d. broomensis
img0140mn6.jpg

d. caduca
img0121xk4.jpg

d. kenneallyi
img0119fu0.jpg

d. aff ordensis--narrow leaf
dordensisnarrow3sl3.jpg

d. aff. ordensis--red traps
dordensisredtrapsco6.jpg

d. dilatato-petiolaris
ddilatatopetiolarispl7.jpg

d. falconeri
img0007md2.jpg

d. petiolaris
dpetiolariscloseupls5.jpg

Enjoy!
Peter
cool.gif

very nice! im diggin that D. aff. ordensis red traps. what does "aff" mean?
alex

i really like the falconeri and the broomensis

The falconeri with the dew shadows is awesome!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]very nice! im diggin that D. aff. ordensis red traps. what does "aff" mean?
alex

Alex, it is my understanding the aff. stands for affinis (latin word) which means "like". In other words these may not be the true species, in this case D. ordensis, but a species similar to it.
I have heard that until a taxonomist verifies the species it should retain the affinis word before the species!
Until then, there are many forms of these species which is all the more fascinating!
Peter.
cool.gif

Those are really good looking pictures! The D. Caduca is interesting. It doesn't look very much like a Drosera.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gemini528 @ Sep. 23 2006,8:26)]Those are really good looking pictures! The D. Caduca is interesting. It doesn't look very much like a Drosera.
Not right now.

yea about that Ugly duckling...do you have any updated pics of it?
Alex

Guess we'll just wait and see. I've no idea how it's supposed to look like.

Back