What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petiolaris complex propagation

Normally, I use the JanW method for propagation attempts with section Lasiocephala plants. However, just before vacation, I'd run out of space on top of my lights and figured I'd give this another try (similar situation earlier this year w/ another clone - I was 2 for 2). When I returned from vacation, this is what I found (the strike must have sprouted almost the day I left!):
DfalconeriTWstrike100706RS.jpg

Not too pretty - but batting .200 for this round (so far).

That's great!, is that D. falconeri?

Ron,
That good to know that there is a small percentage from leaf cuttings like that.
I'm going to divide and repot the D. falconeri that has split for me. While it is unpotted I thought about trying a few leaf cuttings.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Oct. 08 2006,6:44)]That's great!, is that D. falconeri?
Yup.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ ,)]That good to know that there is a small percentage from leaf cuttings like that.
Hey, sometimes I get 0% from water! My 1st try (a few months ago) went 2 for 2! That's pretty good for a method that isn't normally supposed to work for these plants.

I think the Zen Master mentioned something similar to this in a post on cpuk....

Is that algae or another plantlet on the edge of the top leaf? Nice job on the propagation!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Oct. 08 2006,11:49)]Is that algae or another plantlet on the edge of the top leaf? Nice job on the propagation!
Not too sure what you see but there's no strike on that leaf. I've only found strikes at the base of leaves w/ this group. There's a chance there is another strike on the leaf @ 4 o'clock. but it is not visible in the pic....

Must be a dab of algae then. It's the green smudge at 12:00 on the top leaf in the picture.

Back