What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

relatively urgent question

yeah. I have these two "Byblis liniflora" (ICPS seedbank), but they grow completely different-
They have multiple growth points
they've lived for quite a while (since june)
They have around 10+ flowers open each, one has 12
They don't make seed on their own. They used to (I got about 20) but since that time have stopped. So I decided my only option is to cross them,but I don't know how to do this. They're getting pretty old, it would be best if I could pollinate them soon. So how do you cross two Byblis that aren't liniflora?
Yeah, I do have a tuning fork.

thank you!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So how do you cross two byblis that aren't liniflora?

Rrr, I thought they were both B. liniflora? <_>

In any case, pollen transfer should be easy; toothpick with the tip markered black used to rub against the stamen and anthers of different flowers. Just get the yeller stuff on to the other flowers.

How's that sound?

They sound like B. filifolia to me. I've read that B. filfiolia can be propogated by stem cuttings as well as by seed.

Cheers,

Greg

In order to keep my Byblis liniflora growing longer, I usually cut back the main stem, repot it where it grows new roots, and the old stem grows new branches and continues to grow.

Back