What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody?

How do I know if the tuberous dew I got as a freebie is alive it's black?
Do I dig it out and check it It's in a pot full of bladder wart

i hate to say this but yours might be a gonner...
first of all, when potting up tuberous dews, it is best to use a dry or barely damp media. do everything normal as you would for getting a pot ready for planting, but let it dry out after.
potting a tuberous dew in an already wet media, especially if it is not ready to break dormancy, will cause it to rot (im taking this inference from your bladderwort reference).
watering usually commences in an increasing frequency when a stem forms out of the eye of the tuber.
tubers should be firm, and not wilted like a raisin- even if it's black, if it's firm, it's still viable.

ill check it out and put up a pic of whats underneath , someone gave me this sundew , im not sure how they were handeling it , all i know is the leaves are now black , ive not up rooted it or disturbed it in any way its sitting on the dry side right now the bladderwort is also turning kinda white, from being on the very dry side .
is there a chance that it could have just shut down for the season , are these temperate or tropical. will they grow in my area zone 7 ish
thanks amp for the info

ok i seperated everything i could and this is what i got out, they had kinda of a single long tap with a bulb at the bottom i guess this was the tuber.
i cleaned everything i could and rinsed them clean, repotted and this is now about 10 -14 days. think they are growing.
when should i let them start the dormant thing , they are starting the growth cycle right?
IMG_1320.jpg

Back