What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures of various plants.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
If you want the name just quote the picture so I know the picture you talking about and I can get it for you.

173880760O306866241.jpg

173880761O441704742.jpg

173880764O553176088.jpg

173880850O099660278.jpg

173880851O549143261.jpg

For the longest time I had 2 of these guys.  They kept growing a little then seemed t go dorment.  Grow a little then go dorment.  Then this guy finaly took off.  I think the other guy died, but this one is flowering.  Are they self firtile?  Do I need to do anything to polinate?

173880854O397803823.jpg

173880886O866938733.jpg

I didn't know if I ws going to be able to grow these pygmy's.  They are my first and seem to be doing great.

173880896O817974786.jpg

173880901RL583224214.jpg

173880966RL739364091.jpg

One of the plants from above.

173880984O437224391.jpg

173881012O626935052.jpg

173881054O167677092.jpg

173881064O380341984.jpg

173892684O368101053.jpg

A bunch of Adeleas.  
nana.gif
And they seem to be doing better not sitting in water.  The tray got a hole in it so the water drains out.  I haven't had this much dew on them in a while.

173892775O569051279.jpg

Awesome plants dude! The D. regia rocks!

<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Your post has been edited to improve its value as an archive and to help others understand more precisely which plants you are writing about. You can read more about the details of writing plant names at Plant Names Thread.]</span>

Nice King Sundew!

NICE D. regia! I think you might be the current title holder for the biggest D. regia in cultivation
biggrin.gif

Where did you get those black water trays from? I could use some like that!

<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Your post has been edited to improve its value as an archive and to help others understand more precisely which plants you are writing about. You can read more about the details of writing plant names at Plant Names Thread.]</span>

Outsider, the one the D. regia is sitting on in the pic? LOL I dont use that for a water tray. I use it for something else.
beer.gif
The deep ones I do keep the plants in with water and I got those from a local garden store. They are really thin and I have put a hole n about 3 of them so far. I will be thinking of something else here soon if I keep putting holes in the deep trays. If I slide the tray arcoss the bench and it snags a nail its toast.

I wish that was the biggest D. regia in cultivation. I got it from BobZ and it was a pup from his mother plant that was growing out the bottom of the pot he grew his in. It is getting big, but the pic BobZ showed me of his and his was still bigger.
laugh.gif
I look forward to that putting off some pups so I can devide adn get another plant and have some for trade too. The dew on that thing is absolutely amazing.

Maybe he is referring to the black tray thing under the D. adelae?

xvart.

edit: sorry just realized you answered this in your post. Things are not connecting as I read them. Sorry for the post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 12 2006,10:15)]Outsider, the one the D. regia is sitting on in the pic? LOL I dont use that for a water tray. I use it for something else.
beer.gif
The deep ones I do keep the plants in with water and I got those from a local garden store. They are really thin and I have put a hole n about 3 of them so far. I will be thinking of something else here soon if I keep putting holes in the deep trays. If I slide the tray arcoss the bench and it snags a nail its toast.

I wish that was the biggest D. regia in cultivation. I got it from BobZ and it was a pup from his mother plant that was growing out the bottom of the pot he grew his in. It is getting big, but the pic BobZ showed me of his and his was still bigger.
laugh.gif
I look forward to that putting off some pups so I can devide adn get another plant and have some for trade too. The dew on that thing is absolutely amazing.
Yeah I meant the deep ones. Shame they crack so easily. I'm using under-the-bed storage bins atm. If you find a tray that is more durable let me know.

Oh wow. I like the pigmies too, very nice.

Sure will Outsider. Those black trays are not bad for only costing a little over a buck each. And it is mainly the corvers that are thin. They do the job I have a few of them and only about 3 or 4 have holes in them already, but if you set them in place they should be fine. I have been moving mine around alot because of the GH rebuild and then my benches are not the most perfectly built things either. For their price they are ok. I find that the under the bed storage containers start to crack and fall apart under the UV of the sun. I have to replace my outside bogs because of it. They are cracking and the like. As long as they last through the winter so I can build an inground bog.

Thanks Rinch. Those are my first pigmys. I think it was BCK who I did a trade with to get the gamee.

Have you tried doubling up on the trays?

No I haven't. Like I said I have only manaed to put holes in about 3 of them. so far. I am going to make the top of one of my benches into something that will hold water that I can circulate. I figure a wood frams and bottom then cover it in a layer of fiberglass resin should do the trick. You can get a gallon of fiberglass resin for about 20 bucks, and I have the wood already to make a frame with.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 13 2006,8:47)]No I haven't. Like I said I have only manaed to put holes in about 3 of them. so far. I am going to make the top of one of my benches into something that will hold water that I can circulate. I figure a wood frams and bottom then cover it in a layer of fiberglass resin should do the trick. You can get a gallon of fiberglass resin for about 20 bucks, and I have the wood already to make a frame with.
Ooo! How easy is fiberglass resin to work with? That sounds interesting!

I have never worked with it personaly, but I have seen a good friend of mine use it to make a speaker box. He is an installer and Was doing a side job at his home one day. You just use disposeable paint brushed and disposeable gloves. You mix it in containers that are disposeable too. You pour the resin into the container then add the hardener to it and mix it. Then just put a good layer over the wood and let it dry. Normaly you add the resin then a layer of fiberglass then more resin, but I dunno if you need the fiberglass because it is only a plant stand and the base and all is made of wood unledd you use thin wood then use the fiberglass to strengthen it some. I will keep you posted if and when I do it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 12 2006,6:10)]NICE D. regia! I think you might be the current title holder for the biggest D. regia in cultivation
biggrin.gif
Think that's big, ya gotta see the one Peter has at California Carnivores... size of a bush

If you do use resin to seal your wooden benchtop, don't forget to use some fiberglass reinforcement for any seams, or they will usually leak.

BTW, is that the cultivar Drosera 'Big Easy'?

Ya know I cannot remember if BobZ said it was or not.  I think it is.  He said he had both and could not tell the difference between the two.  Both grew the same for him.

Thanks for the warning to about the seams I will reinforce it with fiberglass.

[/QUOTE]Think that's big, ya gotta see the one Peter has at California Carnivores... size of a bush

Well, the one at Calif. Carn is a wee bit smaller than that now.
It didn't liek the root cut that I gave t and then it went dormant. Coming back nicely, now.
Lois

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 14 2006,8:13)]Ya know I cannot remember if BobZ said it was or not. I think it is. He said he had both and could not tell the difference between the two. Both grew the same for him.

Thanks for the warning to about the seams I will reinforce it with fiberglass.
BobZ has shared other clones of Drosera regia with me, in the past, but in my conditions I don't seem to be able to keep any of them going, long term, except Drosera 'Big Easy'.

I just wanted to mention that, because about 20 years ago, while I was in Albuquerque, NM. I made a bench like that in my back yard for CP. I hadn't used fiberglass to reinforce some of the wooden seams. Had to sand those seams back down to wood and redo with some fiberglass to stop the leaking.

Back