What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera Falconeri Info

I'm getting a falconeri soon and I was trying to find some info on it but can't find anything. If someone could let me know some info as far as soil mix and all that it would be cool. Thanks.

I'm going to assume you're talking about our possible trade?
oh.gif
lol seriously though, some people were talking about their media mixes and such in my topic... ( http://www.terraforums.com/ib312....t=27319 ) That may be a decent starting point. But maybe they'll get more specific here.
Andrew

i ifnd that a simple peat/sand mixture has worked well for me.
I grow all my petiolaris in a tank, and they do not stand in water. I just water every couple of days to insure they are kept wet.
I do find that falconeri grows better for me enclosed in a terrarium for high humidity.
Peter.

It's hella easy. Slower than I'd like but easy.

Treat it like any other petiolaris complex plant and you'll be fine.

I use the same media I use for tuberous. All mine are in 10G tanks tipped on their sides with undertank heaters stuck to the backs. Lighting is by 4 tubes on top. I water by filling "tray" area to 1cm and then wait for it to stand dry for 2-3 days before watering again

So you should let them dry out a little before you water them again? Are these kinda like the cephalotus? Same mix, no standing water, let them dry out?

You know, my Ceph is grown in pure LFS and kept always a little damp as is my best looking D. falc. haha.

Back