What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. derbyensis "Octopus"

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Anyone know about this plant? I REALLY have to have it but if this is like the pom-pom vft's and it'll go away eventually I don't really want it.

An octopus. Hence the name.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/TROPICAL-DROSERA-DERBYENSIS-OCTOPUS-FORM_W0QQitemZ300057101251QQihZ020QQcategoryZ75643QQtc
ZphotoQQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">like this?</a>
Alex

"my exlusive cloning service" yeesh... all caps... this dude is scary.

my worries would be that the plant pictured is actually a very lucky spider mite victim that turned out looking cool. your plant might be, as said, a crappy little baby that will probly turn out like any other derbyensis, given that it doesnt die.

i might not be an master of CPs, but i am a master of ebay. i wouldnt buy from this guy if it was a N. clipeata for $20

Really? I've heard he has great plants. And I just ordered 6 red aldrovanda from him
sad.gif

It did get to me that the disclaimer is he'll ship your item within FOUR weeks!

Meaven,
have you had any experience with this ebayer. maybe you should keep your thoughts a little more private.
The plants that I received from him especially the drosera are well worth their price.Of course i haven't bought nay of the extrmemly expensie plants.
Lois

my thoughts are by no means directed to the seller personally, my point is that the all-caps vagueness on the item explained is troubling. i would much rather buy from a seller who writes his item description in a professional manner.

point is, i've gotten good and bad from ebay, just like everyone else. my experience has taught me however that the truly great items come from quiet, personal listings rather then wholesale explosions of letters that look like they were written by a third party.

just my 2 cents.

*note* wrote this post drunk. i cant be held responsible for any insane wackyness contained
sad6.gif

<a href="http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/quogue/beerjc2sm5.jpg" target="_blank">
th_beerjc2sm5.jpg

hahaha... I couldn't resist....

Oops... too small, just click to enlarge.

im way sexier then that.

as far as i know that guy has an excellent reputation. i havent purchased anything from him but have talked with him. came across as a very knowlegable guy who loves helping ppl out. ive seen pics of his grow room posted by someone else and they left me drooling.

The all-caps are regrettable, but the seller is reputable, friendly, and has great plants. Mine arrived very quickly - in days, not weeks.

Max

it seems ppl really like to nitpick Chucks ebay ads........not sure why...........have yet to hear a single complaint from anyone who purchased plants from him............usually ppl who have recieved plants from him cant say enough good about them..........

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ive seen pics of his grow room posted by someone else and they left me drooling.
If you have not seen these pics, it's worth looking. chuck plants

[b said:
Quote[/b] (voodoolizard @ Dec. 18 2006,6:03)]If you have not seen these pics, it's worth looking. chuck plants
That definately is worth looking at. Makes me want to order a plant from him! I think I'll go back and check his listings.

xvart.

wow. fair to say this guy knows what hes doing.

So JLAP, you gonna buy that baby?

Back