What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. petiolaris question

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
Recently I moved my D. petiolaris "red" from the window sill to a grow rack. It immediately became redder and dewier. It has begun to flower with 2 stalks. I noticed today that the newest petioles are much shorter than the older ones. Is this a result of flowering, or is it an indication of impending dormancy?

it depends.... could be dormancy, or could be higher light. I find that if the plant starts losing some dew and the tentacles no longer open, it may be going dormant.
Can you post a pic? that would help.
Peter.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> It immediately became redder and dewier</div> Sounds like an increase in light for it. Thats may cause it to become more compact, if you will.

Sounds like the redder and dewier leaves are due to increased light levels and possibly heat from those lights.

Flowering and shorter leaves are a give-away for a wooly going through a shorter photoperiod (at least my for my D. ordensis
smile.gif
)

-Homer

Back