What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The tubers I sent out

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Just curious how everyone is dooing with the tubers I sent out. Figured everyone else involved might be interested in hearing too so please post here.

eh...i killed it
sad.gif
it never even continued growth since i recieved it. i poked around and the tuber was brown and mushy. sorry i killed your plant
crap.gif

Alex

My D. gigantea is growing a tiny shoot that is about an inch tall!
The D. stolonifera has not sprouted yet, so i'm not sure if it's still alive?
sad.gif

The good news is that my seeds of D. stolonifera, gigantea, petalta var. foliosa, and erythroriza var. squamosa have sprouted!

Peter.

My tuber that you sent me had a little sprout that was about 3 mm tall and then brown at the tip when I recieved it, and I just checked on it, and it doesn't look any different. Will it sprout next year?

Thanks though!
smile.gif

my menziesii didnt seem to come up but thers still hope

I've got no visible growth up top on either tuber. Still following your instructions though. And will continue to! A update will happen for sure if any thing happens!
Andrew

I put a tiny sprig of damp sphagnum in the vial with my gigantea tuber to try to get it started and it was too much I guess as it rotted out in a week or two. I'm sorry, I was really bummed. That had worked great on a whole crop of tubers that I got a while back but...

Ahhh I can't wait to have my own D. gigantea. I'm planning to try again from seed soon. I like the sundews that grow like small shrubs.

Remember the proper time to sow tuberous seed is in late Summer. That way they germinate in Fall and have all Winter and Spring to grow before they go dormant with the hot temps of Summer.
If you do it now, the seedlings will never make it!
Peter

Remember the proper time to sow tuberous seed is in late Summer. That way they germinate in Fall and have all Winter and Spring to grow before they go dormant with the hot temps of Summer.
If you do it now, the seedlings will never make it!
Peter

Were it any other tuberous I would absolutly agree and I will say that for better growth this should be followed but I can tell you from personal experience that D. gigantea can and dose grow fine under higher temp conditions. My mother plant was growing well into August here in Atlanta outside in a black pot.

No news here. My menziesii tuber hasn't shown it's face yet. I've been following the directions included - I planted it into wet media, then waited a week for it to dry out and watered it again, and since then I've just been waiting. Every week or so I'll give the surface of the pot a little spray to combat the algae and moss that's gathering, but otherwise I've kept it bone dry. Should I keep up with it or is it a lost cause by now?
~Joe

Back