What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capensis "red"

• Thread starter glider14
  • Start date
Nice plants Ben! Nice plants indeed!

Sounds like a labeling accident. Too bad the seed are not red or white. Did you eventually get your Drosera capensis 'Albino'?

Thanks. Not until a long time later, but I didn't find out that they were the 'red' variety until a year ago, kinda weird, but there's a whole story behind that. Because of space limitations, my plant was moved to a windowsill, and often I forgot to water it, and then it was moved to my bathroom counter, where it got really green and unhappy. Now it's on the growshelf, and the growth point is burned, but it should be ok. What's interesting is that the lil D. capensis 'Albino' seedlings (or rather stunted adults, because I sowed them maybe a year ago) that share the same pot as the D. capensis (Red) did not grow at all during this several month period that the pot was neglected, and only now that they are in sufficient light are they growing. Sorta like they went dormant, but their leaves stayed green and didn't brown. (You can see them in the first pic, which was taken in April, but they were sowed in mid December. They are still the same size as in the April pic.)

-Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben,
Those look like D. capensis 'Albino'..
Are you sure there is not a hole in the ozone layer right above your house?

jestera.gif

Seriously, really nice plants.

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Jan. 07 2007,3:29)]What's interesting is that the lil D. capensis 'Albino' seedlings...that share the same pot as the D. capensis (Red).

-Ben
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
ok. i finally got pics. i have an extra pic in here...it was an odd ball
red
IMG_0420.jpg

red(surrounding the bigger one) and the bigger one....
IMG_0419.jpg

what is this bigger one? they were all the same size when i got them. the reds are much slower and have a more tan color. this one is like a neon green
Alex

One thing about artificial lighting that seems to help this Drosera capensis (********) to color up, is to leave the lights on 18-24 hours per day.

Back