What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera capillaris and D. 'Emerald's Envy'

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Following is a photo I recently took of a Drosera capillaris plant whose parents originated in the same location as Drosera 'Emerald's Envy'.

D_capillaris_1322C.jpg

Here is an image of a young plant of Drosera 'Emerald's Envy', rapidly approaching flowering size:

EmeraldsEnvy_Jan07.jpg

The morphology of these two, "sister" plants, other than the pigmentation of the leaves, petioles, glands, flowers, and tentacles, is nearly identical. I use the term, "sister", because both parents were derived from the same population, there in Pensacola, Florida. The Drosera 'Emerald's Envy' was discovered as a small colony at the base of a tuft of grass (among many), with many other, normal colored plants all around, growing on the surface of dark, peaty, mud. The normal colored plants blended in to the mud, except for the reddish sparkle of their dew, while Drosera 'Emerald's Envy' was an obvious "stand out" against the dark mud.

Last edited:
That D. 'Emerald's Envy' is a beautiful plant :love:

Sign me up on the seed waiting list please :)

Several plants have flower stalks that are forming now. Should have some fresh seed about April or May.

Back