What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old topic, old dews!

I posted pics of these once before - don't remember how long ago. Anyway, they just keep going and going. A couple older 'dews that I just leave alone.

First, D. slackii:
D-3.jpg

D. admirabilis:
D-2.jpg

Capslock

Leaning tower of drosera? Nice pics.

xvart.

Last edited:
Oh!!!!!!

I love the skirts of dead leaves, it just gives them a certain desirable look to me.

those are spectacular. i absiolutely must get ahold of some admirabilis once dormancy is over.

Ya know, my D. admirabilis is doing that skirt of dead leaves thing... and I was wondering if that was a bad sign. So I guess that is normal phenomenon? Great looking plants!

It's gotta have somewhere to go lol

that really reminds me of some prehistoric cycad lol

Thats one way for a ground-hugging rosette to reach for the light

Looks like a bunch of cycads, like clint said. I wonder if the stem is slef-supporting without the leaves to hold it up?

the leaves most probably help keep it up, my aliciaea is doing the same, it spurted a second growth point and it topples due to not having support on one side when i removed the 2nd point.

Good looking sundews I really like how they stack up like never seen D. admirabilis or D. slackii before.

You're kidding!

I never knew Slackii made those skirts. That's just amazing.

Back