What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Due to my growing conditions I have always stayed with temperate species, but after getting my D. graomogolensis I have been bitten buy the bug so to speak. So I made a seed order which included the following tropical sundews:

D. aliciae
D. admirabilis
D. venusta
D. sessilifolia
D. auyan tepui

(and a 200 seed "grab bag" of 20-50 species/forms, I'm not too concerned about these at the moment, they are a mix of temperate and tropical... so I figure they will be a catch 22 on germination)

I have read that my choices will require hot stratification, hence my question

What are some possible methods used when dealing with a constant 68f home temp (currently all my stuff is set up in an unheated basement)

I will probably get a small 2 bulb T5 fixture and use it above a 10 gallon aquarium once the seeds have sprouted, keeping a few of each and trading off the rest

any and all advice will be greatly appreciated,

TIA,
Av

D.aliciae will germinate without any sort of fancy treatment, I have done it a few times with the exact set-up you decribe, so I wouldn't sweat that one, the others I don't know tho

Back