What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis filifolia germination

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I just ordered 15 seeds. I know that some species need to burn, or need smoke water, or need G. acid.... well what do you guys suggest? I've never tried any other Byblis except for B. liniflora. The man I bought them from said they would be harvested the day I ordered so that's good.

We have some Colgin liquid smoke in the pantry. No disks or anything lol. If I need any G. acid or anything let me know and I'll start looking around on the forums.

I tried searching but couldn't really find anything definitive for some reason.

Here's what it says:

Ingredients:water, natural hickory smoke flavor, vinegar, molasses, caramel color and salt.

"Colgin natural hickory liquid smoke is an all-natural product with no preservatives. It's manufactured using a safe, water-based process in which unwanted byproducts are removed.

It doesn't have an expiration date and it looks old lol. My mother doesn't even remember buying it lol.

I've germinated B filifolia several times using GA3. It's fairly cheap and works very well. I've had seed germinate within a week, although it can take much longer.

Cheers,

Greg

Well here's an update. They sat in my terrarium for quite some time and I moved them outside. 2 days later I've got green sprouts for sure but it's too soon to tell if they are B. filifolia or just weeds from outside. I'm pretty sure it's B. filifolia, though. More to come.

So, was it??

Back