What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuberous Drosera pics

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Thought I'd add some of my own after all the ones I have seen recently

D. macrantha. 3rd year from seed

macrantha0201071.jpg

macrantha0201072.jpg

macrantha0201073.jpg

D. ramellosa. 2nd year from seed

ramellosa0201072.jpg

D. stolonifera. This was actually my first tuberous. I started with a tuber about the size of a BB. The tubers for these guys this year were just about the size of a full sized jelly bean

stolonifera0201071.jpg

stolonifera0201072.jpg

stolonifera0201074.jpg

stolonifera0201075.jpg

stolonifera0201076.jpg

stolonifera0201077.jpg

And because the detail gets lost some when I down size here are some crops off the full sized photos

D. macrantha

macrantha0201073crop.jpg

D. stolonifera

stolonifera0201071crop.jpg

stolonifera0201072crop1.jpg

stolonifera0201072crop2.jpg

stolonifera0201075crop.jpg

stolonifera0201077crop.jpg

AWESOME pictures Pyro!! I wish my seeds would germinate. :-( I dunno if I can wait 5 years for these guys to sprout!! Of the 4 pots I planted NOTHING this year. Dang it. Your look great BTW. Do you have a gigantia??

There is still some time for germination though odds are it'll have to be a short season for anything that does come up. Might want to try exposing the pots to temps of 5C or so if you can. I have heard that can help.

I do have gigantea but right now it looks like nothing more than a mutant asparugus because it has not opened out any. Guessing it is going to do a repeat of last year when it grew all up but refused to open out till well into March and then hung around until August before dropping back to dormancy. Definitly an oddball of a plant.

Pyro what F temp is 5 C? I am too tired for the conversion right now. ATM the pots are outside and have been since I planted them. It is too cold for them out there? I thoght they liked the cold. The water they have been sitting in has been frozen a time or two. :blush:

5C = ~40F

I would shoot to avoid freezing them, seedlings are very fragile and a frost would likely destroy them.

ok so then I should put these containers in the GH then. Ok. Thanks Pyro.

Great Pics!

Nice pics and great camera! I would give up to half my fiefdom for that camera!

Back