What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
petiolaris "red"
100_5576.jpg

paradoxa clone 1
100_5578.jpg

paradoxa clone 2 in peat pellets
100_5579.jpg

peltata
100_5604.jpg

100_5605.jpg

dichotoma "red dwarf"
100_5611.jpg

dielsiana
100_5585.jpg

capensis "narrow leaf"
100_5590.jpg

scorpioides (BCK)
100_5582.jpg

haha i love ur dichotoma and the random bugs that are caught

wow...my peltata are now forming a tuber. which of ours is acting normal!?
Alex

haha i love ur dichotoma and the random bugs that are caught

Yeah, the crane flies were pretty thick a couple of weeks ago. I let the garage stay open for a few hours after dark and the 14 flourescent bulbs brought them in by the 100's. It is cool to see them plucked out of the air by pygmy dews and teeny pings!!

With the peltata, I am not sure. It has hit 80F a few times in the past few weeks. Nights still dip to the low 60's or 50's. I am guessing they will soon begin to form tubers. I am working hard to keep my pin head sized auriculata from going dormant too soon.

I love the pictures. I was amused by all the crane flies because there are tons of them here. My cats love catching them.

*edit*

I just realized you are in Louisiana too! That's why we both have so many crane flies.

Last edited:
Great pix! I love the petiolaris. I would love to add one or two to my collection. Need to find room first I guess. :)

The dichotma look menacing!

New pic of the peltata, only one week later (give or take a couple of days). It has been hitting 80F+ for the last week with nights in the 70's. I believe they are flowering!
100_5645.jpg

Australia is our friend! Yeah, that could be a flower scape. How old is the plant?

Great plants and shots.

Man I can't wait for next fall so that i can start trying to grow tuberous drosera again!

Awesome pics!

Tuberous drosera sound cool.

sound cool. arent as easy as many plants. and...ARE cool :D i have a single D. peltata. its making a tuber now. wish me(and it) luck!
Alex

Back