What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sundew travel shock?

I have just received some drosera through the mail and the dielsiana seems to have taken it poorly. Is this common? I know that some take being crammed in a dark box for a few days worse than others-does anybody know if this species is particularly finicky?

And yes peat/perlite, purified water and 40w shop light fixtures, no fertilizer or sprays or food.

A Canadian friend was sending out seedlings in plain ol' envelopes, they got pretty beat up like that but they did recover, so I'd say it should be okay unless the thing got flash cooked or flash frozen somehows

That's enough time to discombobulate them. It is very rare that I receive a sundew that hasn't lost its dew. Give them time to acclimate to new conditions.

Oh and as far as I know (and meant to say) short answer is- No, I don't think they're finicky :D

Like Jim said, just give it real sweet conditions for a bit and it should be fine

Back