What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Byblis Inquiry

Quick question!

My B. liniflora is 3 months and 12 days old... how big should it be?

I have a suspicion that it is not as big as it should be...

My most recent plants never got any bigger than an inch. OTOH, 2 years ago, they were ~5". I think I had better conditions when they were at the lab.

AF001901.jpg

Oh wow.. I always thought that byblis got to be like a foot tall.. pictures really do massively screw up proportions. I guess mine are fine then. The biggest one might be like 1.5 inches but they still seem to be actively growing. Pretty nice.

Do you always flood them like that? I always thought they liked it slightly drier than most CPs. Just very slightly.

Mine got huge last year - after it hit 10-12 inches, it flopped over the side of the pot, but then just kept growing and growing. I got quite a bit of seed, most of which I gave away, then I planted some about 4 or 5 months ago. They're about five to six inches tall now, and the first flower has appeared. I finally got rid of the old plant because it was too bushy and was in the way. I think it might have grown forever. It did like it a bit drier.

Capslock

What size of a pot do you use? I just used a 3 inch pot and I'm thinking that may be why they're kinda going a little slowly.. it's been almost 4 months and they're only just barely an inch tall.

It's been... uhh like maybe one and a half months and my B. filifolia is only like... a half inch tall.

Most of them were "born" in the swamp and the one not sprouted there was moved as a seedling. Basically, they were acclimated in those conditions and weren't messed with... until the Nep pot gave way and crashed into the tub. Then they were toast!

Aww that sucks. :/ I hate it when that kind of thing happens.

I also have some filifolia seeds, I'm hoping they decide to germinate sometime soon.. like within a month.

The sooner the better. Out of 20 seeds treated with liquid smoke, I got one to sprout.

ahhh!! i want byblis sooo bad. im gonna have to wait untill...whenever people get flowers :(

I have liniflora seeds I have to wait until oregon and get a heated terrarium because oregon is alaways cool good for dralington though,maybe a easy lowland nepenthes and byblis in a tank? Good idea or bad idea?

Back