What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just some petiolaris group pics

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
D. falconeri "Palmerston" 1 month after dormancy

falconeriPalmerston060107.jpg

D. falconeri TAHBWG 2 months post de-flask

falconeriTAHBWG060107.jpg

D. falconeri HL

falconeriHL060107.jpg

And my best D. ordensis: TAHBWG clone #2

ordensisTAHBWGclone2060107.jpg

Ooooo.....

Nice Dews, Pyro!!
thumbs_up.gif

How difficult are those to grow and sustain?

Hey Fryster,

For me they are not difficult but then it took me some time and research to get the conditions right for them. As beginner plants I do not recommend them except maybe D. paradoxa. If you do your research and can provide the conditions they like then they are very rewarding.

My D. ordensis seedlings I sprouted last year just resumed growth from winter dormancy. Every single one of them survived, YAY!!! hehe Yours look good man!

As beginner plants I do not recommend them except maybe D. paradoxa. If you do your research and can provide the conditions they like then they are very rewarding.

Amen, brother! I received seeds and maybe 10 plants germinated.... and they kept on propogating, vegetatively, for a couple years. What I believe was a chill that exceeded their tolerance, killed the whole colony. But they were nice while they lasted. Here's a 2 year old ago picture:

AR000102.jpg

I've got a new plant, courtesy of JLAP.

Amen, brother! I received seeds and maybe 10 plants germinated.... and they kept on propogating, vegetatively, for a couple years. What I believe was a chill that exceeded their tolerance, killed the whole colony. But they were nice while they lasted.

How did you manage to germinate petiolaris-complex seeds? Does D. falconeri readily germinate from seeds?

cheers

D. falconeri "Palmerston" 1 month after dormancy

falconeriPalmerston060107.jpg

You're insane. Such fanastic plants!!!!

Edit: That pic was supposed to be in a quote...

Very nice! I see your "de-flask" photo... do you do leaf cuttings as well, or prefer TC? Did I ever send you a falconeri, hence the "HL" or am I assuming something...

Homer

Hey Homer,

For any of my TAHBWG petiolaris complex clones I have pretty much an unlimited supply from my TC buddy so I don't bother with leaf cuttings of it. I have not been very good at taking cuttings of other clones, mostly because of space issues but I hope to work at a few this summer time permitting.

For ease of propogation I definitly prefer TC because I can pull anywhere from 2-30 plants from a flask and I have 99% survival so it beats even my best runs of leaf propogation.

You did not send me that falconeri but the HL clone does indeed originate from you. It came to me from our mutual friend who had to give up his growing of this group.

For any of my TAHBWG petiolaris complex clones I have pretty much an unlimited supply from my TC buddy
:0o:

Really? You must be the most fortunate Petiolaris Complex grower out there! Good deal. Is it me, or are these plants circulating more and more over the past few years? Anyway, what does TAHBWG stand for? I missed that one.

bye for now,

Homer

:0o:

Really? You must be the most fortunate Petiolaris Complex grower out there! Good deal. Is it me, or are these plants circulating more and more over the past few years?

Really. I do consider myself very fortunate to have met up with my TC buddy. It is a mutually beneficial relationship, I provide him with a good deal of material as well.

These plants have been circulating more of late. Part would probably have to do with AgriStarts getting their hands on falconeri and kenneallyi (both of those originate from my TC buddy actually). I also like to think that I have made a bit of an impact as I know I have passed out dozens of falconeri, but maybe I am just being a little vain.

Good growing as always, Pyro. Your D. ordensis looks like it has a magic ball of white light originating from the center! Like the gateway to enlightenment. I can't stop looking.

xvart.

Beautiful plants Travis. :) I love the petiolaris group. They are some spectacular 'dews.

Hey, welcome back Tamlin! Good to see you posting again.:woot:

Back