What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You've got to be kidding me...

Okay.. so let's take a look at some of the variety available for insects on my grow shelf...

We've got.. a carpet of dewy pygmeas to the left...
dnitidalantoforest2better.jpg

...and a nice big hungry P. 'Aphrodite' to the right...
dnitidalantoforest3.jpg

but this insect.. has something better in mind... it's going for "bigger" game.. like...
THIS
mothvsseedlingcomparison.jpg

A sole seedling.. in a 2 inch pot..and it couldn't even escape?!

Rest in peace, you silly.. silly little creature.
mothvsseedling3.jpg

LOL!!!

That's HILARIOUS. It's like the size of the plant and barely on yet it's caught LOL.

The little Drosera that could!

"I know I can...I know I can.."

hehe very cool. awesome picture too! good job!

owned :D

my rotundifolia seedlings have caught springtails or something. what camera do you use? looks very nice :D

Alex

I use... a Panasonic Lumix FZ7. Pretty new too, I just got it a little while ago.. still struggling to get the hang of it though.

I just wish I knew what kind of seedling that was. It popped up in a pot that I sowed Byblis lamellata in and I know it's not that. :p

Thanks for the compliments!

Dang. At least it wasn't a cranefly...
Btw, I love your P. 'Aphrodite'

wooo

that's pretty awesome. I love your pygmies, they are adorable!
I love the carpet effect they get with enough of them.. just beautiful.

I just wish I knew what kind of seedling that was. It popped up in a pot that I sowed Byblis lamellata in and I know it's not that. :p
!

Seems a capensis seedling, but as seedling it can look like lots of other sundews...
I'm just blaming the usual suspect :D

Dang. At least it wasn't a cranefly...
Btw, I love your P. 'Aphrodite'

Thanks, I guess it likes the lights I have it under.

that's pretty awesome. I love your pygmies, they are adorable!
I love the carpet effect they get with enough of them.. just beautiful.

Yeah I was worried that they'd be all crowded but now I can't wait for them to flower! It's gonna look like a forest on top of another forest!

Seems a capensis seedling, but as seedling it can look like lots of other sundews...
I'm just blaming the usual suspect :D

That's actually the first thing I thought, but I really hope not. I hope it's something rare and mysterious.. since I got the seeds from a place that specializes in rare seeds. It has been growing incredibly fast.. so it probably IS some kind of capensis. :/

Back