What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis Question:

Hi, I have a capensis that is growing very well in partial sunlight, but I was wondering if I could put it in full sunlight to make it grow better if I acclimated it? Would it grow better? I know that people who advise not to grow them in full sun, they say filtered sun. So, can I grow them in full sun and see better results?

Thanks,

-Dylan

Last edited by a moderator:
You can grow them in full sun just fine. I do. D. capensis seems to take just about anything you can throw at them :)

Mine get 10 hours of light,they get shorter leafs but other than that is is as dewy as it could ever get :)

I grow alba, red, and "narrow" outside. Red does the best I think, followed by alba. The "narrow" does grow much smaller leaves for some reason.

They do well whether they are in a window sill or outside or under an artificial light. However, if you have the "All Red" variety, they won't stay or turn red on a window sill and so far mine haven't done so under a fluorescent light. But when I put a plant under the fron tporch, even under less than direct sunlight, within 4 days, the leaves turned red.

Back