What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaking of flowers

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I took this picture to show my family via email and thought I might share it here as well. The dime was there to help them understand the size of these tiny pygmies.

D. nitidula x puchella
DSC_1026.jpg

So small, so simple, so beautiful.

xvart.

Geez xvart, you guys and your cameras are killing me. I am getting a sever case of camera envy! It'd help if you would take some bad pics and post them. :jester:

Seriously, nice pic. Do you have one of the plants, also?

Geez xvart, you guys and your cameras are killing me.

lol. Actually it's not even mine. I have to borrow the camera from my work! My personal camera is a 3.2 megapixle that broke and lost all functionality when I moved.

Seriously, nice pic. Do you have one of the plants, also?

You mean you can't see the plant in that picture? lol. Here's a couple of them (I swear I would save a lot of growing space if I would consolidate my pygmies of like species instead of spreading gemmae all over creation! Seriously, I have like six or seven pots and cups of what could easily be held in three pots):
DSC_1108.jpg

xvart.

edit: actually, this one wasn't grown from gemmae, so sorry if there was any confusion from above.

weird mine has pink flowers?? nice though!!
alex

weird mine has pink flowers?? nice though!!
alex

Hmmm... mislabel on mine perhaps? I'm not even sure what colors the parent flowers have. Maybe the cross differences? Time to search the forums a little...

You have a picture of yours?

xvart.

All I have is scorpides 5 of them lived the barerooting out of like 7 so I'm happy I need to get some more pygmies soon so i need to propogate some trading material.

My D. nitidula × ericksoniae & D. nitidula ssp omissa both have whitye flowers much like yours xvart.

If you really want to fill in that empty space, just wait 'til the gemmae form. Scatter them around the empty spots and you'll have a little jewel studded carpet of death. :devil: Mwahahaha!

My D. nitidula × ericksoniae & D. nitidula ssp omissa both have whitye flowers much like yours xvart.

If you really want to fill in that empty space, just wait 'til the gemmae form. Scatter them around the empty spots and you'll have a little jewel studded carpet of death. :devil: Mwahahaha!

Yeah, that's what my D. nitidula ssp. allantiostigma is starting to look like. It hasn't made any gemmae since I got them as gemmae but they are nicely spread around the cup I have them in. Once gemmae starts up it will be insane!

xvart.

ill have to get pics of mine up when it blooms tomorrow. i have a pink flowered pulchella...and thats it. i wonder if i could cross the two when they are both in flower :D
Alex

Back