What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unexpected, but not unwelcome

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
Browsing through some of my undrained pots something caught my eye.

byblis01.jpg

byblis02.jpg

The last time I put Byblis seeds in this container was well over a year ago. It's still quite small and I need to move a bunch of Sarracenia pitchers out of the way to see it clearly so getting pictures of it is a bit precarious.

It'll be nice to have B. liniflora represented in my collection again. I've still got some seeds sitting in the fridge, but this spares me from having to deal with seed to questionable viability.

Ahhh, Byblis. Nice find! Good luck with it :).

The thing is a weed, you will never be rid of it. I have it rogue in both of my bogs and in random pots throughout the collection. And it ticks me off to no end too as I thought I had finally gotten Drosophyllum to germinate but it turned out it was just another blasted B. liniflora!!

If that's an American pitcher plant, someone's gotta get a new home eventually. Reminds me when I got a rogue Drosophyllum!

Back