What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P1010014j.JPG

Drosera falconeri 'Palmerston'.

P1010004j.JPG

Drosera ordensis, looking much better in my new setup than it ever used to. The traps are a more intense orange than they appear to be in the photo. I also find this species very difficult to photograph, for some reason, hence the blurring!

P1010012p.JPG

Drosera kenneallyi, a recent acquisition from Triffid Nurseries, settling in well.

P1010048k.JPG

The flower of Drosera caduca is surprisingly impressive...

P1010001p.JPG

...given the appearance of the plant itself, which currently seems to be heading into a non-carnivorous phase.

P1010037j.JPG

I know I've shown flowers of Byblis rorida 'Lake Campion' before, but this particular plant is looking better than any others I have grown.

P1010010j.JPG

I'm pleased with the progress of this Byblis filifolia 'Gibb Range, Kimberley, WA'; it will be in flower soon.

P1010012j.JPG

This Byblis liniflora '100cm, Northern Territory' is beginning to show that it is indeed much more robust than the typical plant in cultivation. At this size, normal B liniflora are beginning to get straggly.

Cheers,

Greg

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. That flower of Drosera caduca looks very close to D. ordensis (maybe other pets too, I dunno. That's the only one that I've flowered so far. :)

Beautiful shots! That "non carnivorous" 'Dew is weird looking, an interesting pic for sure. Thanks for posting these!! Petiolaris complex Drosera are NOT common up here in Canada, but they do seem to be trickling in slowly- these pics are a nice substitute for the real thing (and MUCH easier to care for to boot!)

That photo of the Rorida is stunning....

WOW! Thats so coolio

Amazing! Those are very inspiring! What are the first three drosera planted in?

AS usual, a beautiful collection!

Thanks for all the comments. The falconeri and the kenneallyi are in 2:1 peat:sand, and the ordensis is in 2:1:1 peat:sand: perlite. All have a top dressing of silver sand.

Cheers,

Greg

Back