What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I bought my first sundew!

what can a sundew eat any way?

would a bee stick to a sundew?

Depending on the size of the bee and the plant, yes. More likely it will catch flies and gnats and other small annoying bugs.

Also, as a side note, you can edit your previous posts instead of double posting like your first two posts.

xvart.

I tried to put a bee in my D. capensis the bee is too hefty for the flimsy leaves to handle even when i weakened it.

I prefer to not feed my sundew. It looks more beautiful when the leaves stays put and dewy. It usually catches fruitflies,

gnats and midges on its own anyway.

what r the humity requirment of a Drosera capensis

whatever is natural. D. capensis is absolutly bombproof and can survive a nuclear holocaust!!! haha itll be fine anywhere as long as it gets good lighting.
Alex

A bee is more the speed of a pitcher plant and VFT. A sundew wouldn't be able to hold one. D. capensis can grow in a variety of settings. Mine are currently outside, on the patio, but I prefer to keep them at a window sill, open tray:

Drosera_capensis.jpg

for ever!! and ever! seriously though....when they flower you wont be able to get rid of them :D
Alex

Your order went out today. I sent either 4 or 5 adult plants and 1 smaller plant potted in a clump :p I also added a Drosera spatulata. enjoy ;-)

Andrew

thx is it all right if i keep all those plants in the same pot?

Oh yah. I'd recommend it just so they're not disturbed again real soon to minimize stress. The D. spatulata though is bare root...

Back