What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best sundew for low light?

johnnyfrye

I like drosera.
I have a low light setup, and I was wondering wich sundew is best for low light? I would preferably want one that doesn't go dormant and isn't an annual. Thanks!

Drosera adelae. Andrew sells them :)

haha I beat you :) but thanks for the mention... I should add that I don't think my plants are single plants as pictured above anymore, they're all multiple plant clumps :)

He has 1000 capensis seeds on the way to his house, I think he has that one covered lol

Does D. aliciae do OK?

I would say most dews would "grow" for you at lower light... But D. adelae truly is a low light Drosera. The others will just kinda walk along and probably not perform their best. D. aliciae included.

I would say most dews would "grow" for you at lower light... But D. adelae truly is a low light Drosera. The others will just kinda walk along and probably not perform their best. D. aliciae included.

Actually, I think I might buy one from your store. I just have one queston: how well do yu pack them??

Actually, I think I might buy one from your store. I just have one queston: how well do yu pack them??

What is he supposed to say to that; Poorly?

Nah, I think you can trust Andedarn to pack them well.:)

OK. Then how much is shipping? I got a kinda low budget at the moment.

Not very much. I've ordered from him before, great plants! Especially the Sarracenia :). I've boughten Pings and Sarracenia. I'm also his very first buyer who's bought TWICE!

I'm so awesome.

It should be around $5-7 or so I'd guess.

I'm actually planning on ordering a D. adelae and a N. sanguinea from the Flytrap Shop pretty soon, probably within the next few weeks.

Yep, I got D.adelae about a year ago and have been doing experiments with them around my house, they can grow seemingly anywhere there is enough light to see by in the daytime, my next experiment will be to put one in the middle of my fairly shady living room
EASY to grow and very pretty to boot, pus they get pretty dang big for a sundew

yeah, I package them well :p plastic over media to hold media and plant in place , cup over plant to prevent damage to plant.

Shipping for 1-2 potted plants should be the minimum fee which is $6 to most of the usa. a 3rd potted plant can generally be added for $.50 - $1 more in shipping pending your location. Just add what you'd like to your cart, then click "view cart" and enter your zip. It will tell you how much shipping is :)

NeciFiX- you're still the only to buy twice... Everyone else got everything they need in 1 order hehe

-Andrew

Last edited:
Here is a picture I took on the 7th of the D. adelae under the N. sanguinea...

1007071421_001.jpg

That should give an idea of how little light they get. (usually they are under the rack, they're pulled out for the picture)

-Andrew

Back