What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can your D. zonaria do this??

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Sometimes, under certain conditions, plants will do really strange things :-O

zonariawindow101407.jpg

zonariaLFStub1014072.jpg

zonariaLFStub1014071.jpg

Very weird and cool Pyro.

Like a tiny, living Tower of Pisa....... ;)

lol neat! what's the special condition? no light? :p

That is the oddest looking sundew! You'll have to TC that thing and send it out to us'ns!

Actually the plants are like that because it is an anomaly of their TC propogation. Normally this species is a flat rosette of 6-10 leaves but in TC the plant never goes dormant so it keeps piling leaves upon itself.

I do not even know if these guys will acclimate from TC but if they do then I suspect that after they go dormant they will revert to normal growth next season.

In the meantime they are still really cool

Ah, the joys of Tissue Culture aberrant growth. I've seen VFT corm/rhizomes stacking up like that. My TC friend calls it "The Tingler Effect", after a low budget horror flick starring Vincent Price:

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/djinn1928/tingler.html

Very cool indeed!

Very cool ! I need to go to a local horticulture school to learn tc then use my tc stuff.

Well I'll tell you what, if it is stable then I think we have the perfect cultivar name

Pringles? Naw, registered trademark/brand name... :)

I was thinking 'Tingler'

Back