What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with my plant?

My D. admirabilis started looking like this all of a sudden.

DSCN6013.jpg

The only thing that I can think of is possibly that the soil is too old or something. Could it be due to too much water? It was looking fine just a few days ago.

Thanks,
-Ben

Unsightly but normal! Capslock was mentioning that phenomenon several months ago.

IMG_0016-1.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg

Except for D. capensis, all my South African Drosera get ratty looking like that when all they get is afternoon sun. They seem to like morning sun best.

I agree,I have killed many from too much sun and my venusta before I kiled it from going from hawaii to oregon got ratty from too much sun...............
I have never gotten the courage to try to grow them again funny :) I am getting a terrarium setup soon so I will try again.........................

D. capensis has that forest fire look, where the older leaves die.

So should I just leave it?

-Ben

Schloaty sent me a couple that look withered like that? is there any dew? None on mine.. VFT and ping look good though...

I have added media (sand) to cover and anchor the stem.

They are adjusting,when I get drosera they tend to have no dew untill the next leaf

Back